Search this Site

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The worst job decision?

It was December 22 when I got my first store. Again, at that point, I was not 100% sure about this job. Since I needed some money for Christmas and New Year, I had no choice but to accept this with a wait-and-see attitude. Let me tell you, that store with rotten tomatoes and eggs traumatized me and at the same time woke me up to some realities of job hunting.

The next store from my schedule was totally different from the first that I did: I got to count a nice-looking, clean, and a cozy toy store located inside Bellevue Square Mall. It was great at the beginning of the inventory. But something happened that caught my attention.

Some of the Auditors have attitude problems. I am not saying that I have no behavioral issues, but there are cases when you draw a line between what is appropriate and what is not. I could hear auditors rudely yell for SKU checks at the top of their lungs all over the place! You only need voice appropriately, loudly enough to be heard for a 300sq.ft toy store. I could imagine how store manager was in a state of confusion because she couldn't determine which auditor to attend first because everybody was yelling at the same time. Being polite and corteous are, in my opinion, play vital part in building professional image and enhance good communication as well.

These are supposed to be a given for any employee that represents the very core corporte image of the company they represent. The worst was, the inventory supervisor won't even care! So I thought, "Could this be the image that we want to tell eveybody about RGIS?"

I stopped for a moment and thought, "Is this the company I really want to spent some of my time with?" What if my answer is in the affirmative side, This could be the worst job decision that I ever made.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is free to comment. Currently, comments are not moderated from this blog. However, Google SPAM and customized filtering are active for this blog. Be civil and polite when responding or placing your own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...