Search this Site

Saturday, December 27, 2008

RGIS debit card: Failed the Litmus test!

I was skeptical about the whole RGIS debit card shebang. I thought in my previous blog that fees are extremely exhorbitant and therefore unreasonable. But I tried to register my debit card the following day after I have received it to benefit the doubt and to test that those fees are real as they are. I have no choice but to register anyhow because this is the ONLY way I could get hold of my pay since RGIS won't send paper paycheck anymore.

In short, I registered my debit card by calling the customer activation hotline: 1-866-402-1237. The activation process was quick and easy. Immediately after that, I decided to proceed for ATM withdrawal. I decided NOT to inquire my balance since I expected that my pay has been debited to this card. And plus the fact that I don't want to get charge of an extra $1.50 just for the inquiry. I went straight to withdrawal process.

So I got the money I wanted. BUT wait! the ATM machine is telling me that I get charged of $3.00 for this withdrawal transaction! I was flabbergasted! I can't believe that I get charge of $3.00 for this single one-time withdrawal transaction!

All I thought was that, I can ONLY get charge of $1.50 per single withdrawal transaction as per the Terms and Conditions set forth by this RGIS debit card. Those menu of charges are a complete rip off! What is worst was that it only notifies you that you are being charged of the said amount AFTER you have received the withdrawal instead of telling you that you will BE charged of the said amount before you proceed or complete the withdrawal process.

Therefore, what the RGIS debit card didn't tell me was the double charge: One service charge of $1.50 from the RGIS debit card since ADP TotalPay Card processed your request, and another $1.50 service charge from the ATM machine that processed my transaction.

One thing I can say about this card: This is BS and absurdly ridiculous!

22 comments:

  1. I agree. what a ridiculous company and a ridiculous way of paying people that you are supposed to be taking care of.
    All to make an extra buck. RGIS probably has a contract with them and they make millions off of it. I laugh every time i think about it. They say they are doing this so that they don't have to waste paper but then they tell me they will send me my receipt of payment. i have found that they are one of the worst companies to work for.
    To anyone who is thinking about getting one of these cards don't do it no matter what. There's a fee for even thinking about the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't work for RGIS but for another company which utilizes the same debit card you mentioned in your blog. I am also being charged with fees but not the way RGIS debit card is charging your hourly employees. I only get charge of .75per transaction whether I make inquiry, withdrawal, things like that. And it is something acceptable. RGIS card is a rip-off!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't RGIS give you the option of direct deposit in this day and age???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, RGIS does offer Direct Deposit.

    The Debit Card option is for those who want it and/or that do not have a Checking or Savings acct with a bank.

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousJuly 03, 2009

    You do have the ability to have direct deposit which is a win-win for both sides. No cost on your side and less cost for RGIS. This is just one persons way of lashing out because he is unhappy with his life. At least that's my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go Here

    WWW.RGISOVERTIME.COM

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousJune 14, 2010

    direct deposit is available and should be used by everyone.

    Oh and by the way, there are checks sent with the issue of the card. All you have to do is write yourself a check and, KABLAM, no charge.

    It's obvious that the company wants to save money in this area and they have given you the out.....write a check to yourself and get direct deposit set up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just desired to say that you will have some useful content on your site. You've completed a pretty good occupation with this one particular. Thanks!


    financial information

    ReplyDelete
  9. For RGIS card, if you anticipate to make balance inquiry and there was no pay being debited yet into your card, you will get charge for it.


    how to eliminate credit card debt

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, it should be granted very simple scheme using the registry. You should know that all the cash machines are the same. Some of them are more complex than others. However, the majority are the same.

    Debts

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am also being charged with fees but not the way RGIS debit card is charging your hourly employees. These all are great to know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi dude please provide us some useful information about Debit card. your blog is giving me very good information, i am a regular visitor of your blog. Thanks for your good effort.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is an electronic card that is issued by a bank which allows bank clients access to their account to withdraw cash or pay for services, so i thought now you got the clear answers of your question.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can relate with this information. I become frustrated with all the ATM fees. Thank you for this article.

    ReplyDelete
  15. There should be no charges on this or any other card we once again our paying to use our own money!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Debit card fees are only going to get higher so we might as well get use to it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The debit card option are for those that do not carry a checking or savings account with that company.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We all can relate to this article,kudos on letting us here your side of the story.

    ReplyDelete
  19. When you work for that company there should be no carges o for you to pay on your own paycheck.

    ReplyDelete

  20. There are lot many other sites that show you boring and lengthy methods to activate you Paycheck Plus Card Activation. You just have to do is read the steps and when you apply you will activate your Paycheck Plus Card in a couple of time Because this post is going to show you a simple and quick method to activate your Card. paycheck plus customer service,paychekplus customer service ,paycheck plus phone number ,paychekplus lost card,paychekplus lost card

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sourcepop over to this site click to read moretry this site navigate herewhy not find out more

    ReplyDelete

Everyone is free to comment. Currently, comments are not moderated from this blog. However, Google SPAM and customized filtering are active for this blog. Be civil and polite when responding or placing your own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...