Search this Site

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Welcome to RGIS! ( Part 2 )

It was one Friday afternoon when me and Ron drove down to an RGIS office in Seattle since it was the closest office of RGIS about 22 miles away from my apartment addresss. Ron had a driving problem because he missed several exits and we had to go back again to the freeways several times (like headless chickens, lol)just to be back on track.

It was 2:30pm when we arrived at the said address. Ron parked his ageing sedan in front of the building. The RGIS office was located at the 2nd floor. I approached the front desk and inquired about the job ad and she immediately asked me to fill up an application form. She brought me into this conference room which at that time jampacked with applicants. My first impression was, Wow! are we in an immigration office?

As I look around inside the room, I noticed merchandise posters all over the wall! I saw posters of canned foods, cereals, eggs, bottles, noodles, and other stuff. The feeling was like you are inside a grocery store-a virtual grocery store! So I thought that this job has something to do with merchandising. Kind of. After filling the application and turned in other documents, the secretary told everybody in the room, "If you are interested and have more questions, then you have to come back for a simple math test and an interview with this date", while she writes down on the white board the next appointment date.

My curiosity crept in. I asked the other applicant beside me, "Are we supposed to be scheduled for drug test or something?" And he smiles and said, "Dude, this is now my third time to apply here, One thing I like about this company is that they don't conduct drug test or any background check. You are safe here." And I thouhgt, "Hhmm, no wonder there are lots of applicants here." Not that I have issues with drugs, but most companies that maintain a good and professional image, drug testing and background check are necessary elements in pre-hiring process.

But then, I thought that this opportunity could jumpstart towards my dream job in IT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is free to comment. Currently, comments are not moderated from this blog. However, Google SPAM and customized filtering are active for this blog. Be civil and polite when responding or placing your own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...