Search this Site

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Welcome to RGIS! (Part 1)

I moved to Washington about 6 years ago from California. Before I came over to Washington, many of my friends who have lived in this State told me that the pasture was a lot greener compared to San Diego. They said that I could utilize my IT skills and could land a wonderful IT career in no time. They persuaded me and said that I shouldn't have a hard time looking for my dream job since big companies such as Microsoft, Amazon.com, Boeing, etc. are all in the Northwest.

They were talking about how money was easy to earn and that "5 mouse clicks is sure a big hit." Man, I've been in San Diego since the Prehistoric times and never heard of about computer clicks that sure a big hit. I was only earning like $6 plus something from my menial job. In California, "Mucho trabajo, poco dinero." But my friends over here in Washington said that jobs guarantee easy money.

Months later, I decided to pack up my stuff and headed towards the Evergreen State.

It was exactly November 2000 when I moved here in Washington. I looked for my friends here and they were more than willing to accomodate me to their apartments. Its been a week now and my friend Ron, knows that I am beganning to feel burned up. "I need a work now" I told him while we were heading towards Goodwill to pick up a new copy of Today's Career job magazine. He told me that it is best for me to look for an "immediate" job as a starting point while searching for my dream carrer in IT.

With a sense of desparation, I browsed thru this small job listing paper for King County and it caught my attention to an ad that says,

  • Immediate opening,
  • no experience necessary
  • paid training
  • $8.00 per hour
  • Reliable transportation.
Earn extra money. Students and seniors may apply.

The ad was from a company called RGIS. The first thing that came accross into my mind was, "Could this be the easy money kind of job that my friends were talking about lately?" And I began to entertain that thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone is free to comment. Currently, comments are not moderated from this blog. However, Google SPAM and customized filtering are active for this blog. Be civil and polite when responding or placing your own.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...